Wednesday, August 22, 2012

October 3rd 1858


Oct 3rd 1858
How many times in this same year have I written of different ones not in this book. Have I written so much. But in my memorandam I find dated March 10th Jo Smith spent the evening, that is, staid until one of two o clock. Ma is anxious?  to know what we find to talk about, he comes so much. March 11th Jo S- spent the afternoon and evening with me I --- - horses had to stand out all day most but Jo had to wait for some work that was done in the afternoon. March 12th Jo came to see me to night. Spent the evening, had a very nice little talk. Libbie Hodges and Harrison Otis? are trying to do something, I dont know what. But I do know what makes Lib do so. She and Agnes are very much in love with Jo- . All fair play. We will see who comes out ahead. If they do (all right). March 16th Jo came home from singing school with me -- -- . March 30th Jo came home from singing school with me. Marves? with Allie first. We tryed to get away from them but could not, so came into the house and left them on the steps. They went off a riding afterwards. Jo and I went riding thursday. He goes west to night. Will not soon be forgotten by me. He has been sick which accounts for his not coming to see me before. I shall not soon forget about Marves? wiping my eyes for me while Jo was at the other side of the room and Allie plagueing him. But we both felt to (too) sober to laugh. While I know that all winter was only a rehersal of similar things, now the same things might be written of *Moses C-. While I care not for either of them, my heart says it is wrong but I continue to do so.


Editor's Note: Moses Cornell

No comments:

Post a Comment